Monday, July 25, 2016

Holy Camole!

Today we went to the Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, and Castel Sant'Angelo. It was a long day of standing in lines, standing in crowds, and standing in hallways, but we were able to see the Sistine Chapel some other beautiful artifacts and learn a bit about Church history. And then we got to run around a real ancient castle that was featured in Assassin's Creed! E knew where to find all the coolest nooks and crannies.

D: The Vatican wasn't entirely what I was expecting. I had thought of it is a very solemn monastery-type building, when in reality it was more of a museum. We were able to see many great works of art, such as sculptures and tapestries, that had been kept there when the popes decorated. Also, the Vatican has the only Latin ATM in the world, but we forgot to go see it. The Basilica was amazing. There were paintings on the walls that on closer inspection revealed themselves to be highly detailed mosaics! The rest of the team wouldn't believe it at first. I didn't see much of the castle, unfortunately, because I hurt my foot and was relegated to the first set of stairs. Luckily, the team took tons of pictures, and there were indeed lots of cannonballs. Success!

S: The Vatican was so cool! There was so many cool things and there was a cafeteria that served great food. Then, we went to a castle!! It was awesome! It was like a fort with REAL cannon balls, and cannons, and even a catapult!!! It was awesome.

G: I saw candles at the Vatican. I also saw some frescoes in the walls, and I saw a lot of people walking. The Church was really big, and Mom wouldn't let me sit down unless I pretended to be praying.

C spies a playground from his birds' eye view.
C: Pigeons! I want pigeons!! Waaaahhhhh!!! Oh, look. A castle. Let's run and play! Oh. Wait. Is that... a playground?? *gasp*

No comments:

Post a Comment